Minutes of IQAC Meeting

April 2020

Minutes of the twenty fourth meeting of IQAC committee held on Monday, 6th April 2020 at 12.30 pm. The meeting was virtually conducted on Zoom platform.

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02

Dr. Jignesh Dalal

03

Ms. Sumathi Rajkumar

04

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

05

Mr. Vikas Agrawal

06

Dr Megha Juvekar

07

Ms. Vaishali Mishra

08

Ms. Swati Desai

09

Ms. Sangeetha Shyam Sundar.

10

Dr Neha Goel

12

Dr Poonam Kakkad

 

The following members were granted leave of absence:

Principal Dr Deepa Sharma and Mr. Ishwar Jha , Dr Denis Desai , the Student representative Mr. Ayush and Alumni Mr. Neelkanth Raval.

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on Monday, 8 / 12 / 2019 were read, confirmed and recorded.

AGENDA 2:

In the Pandemic call where a lockdown is announced in the Nation, the conduct of semester end examination came to a stand still. The chairperson suggested to wait for University circular for further directions. Mean time Dr Alpa Suggested to complete the syllabus of Post graduate students in form of virtual classes. Dr Poonam Kakkad the IQAC Corrdinator proposed to organize Faculty Development Programs to acquaint teachers with the use of Power Point Presentations and other E learning Resources. The In charger Principal Accepted the Proposal.

 

AGENDA 3:

As in the previous meeting Dr Alpa , convener of Research Cell proposed to organize research related one State level workshop in month of February and one National Level Faculty Development Program. Understanding the current situation it was now proposed to conduct a virtual FDP in month of June 2020 in collaboration with SNDT and Sri Balaji University , Pune.

 

AGENDA 4:

In connection to the previous discussion where the chairperson emphasized to the IQAC members to think about orgaising an National / International FDP by the Department of BMM and B.Com ( Accounting and Finance ) and Accountancy. Dr Poonam Kakkad presented the budget and suggested to organize one Week International Level and One Week National level FDP commencing from 3rd May2020 . The chair accepted the proposal and shall further put forward in the CDC meeting.

 

AGENDA 5:

Prof Sumathi , the DR of ISO certification spoke about her concerns for ISO preparation and it was mutually decided to keep it on hold till the lock down releases. The chairperson agreed to the decision.

 

The meeting concluded with a Vote of Thanks to the Chair.

 

December 2019

Minutes of the twenty third meeting of IQAC committee held on Monday, 8th December 2019 at 12.30 pm in the IQAC room.

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02

Dr. Denis Desai

03

Dr. Jignesh Dalal

04

Ms. Sumathi Rajkumar

05

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

06

Mr. Vikas Agrawal

07

Dr Megha Juvekar

08

Ms. Vaishali Mishra

09

Ms. Swati Desai

10

Ms. Sangeetha Shyam Sundar.

11

Mr. Neelkanth Raval

12

Mr. Aayush

13

Dr Poonam Kakkad

 

The following members were granted leave of absence:

Principal Dr Deepa Sharma and Mr. Ishwar Jha

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on Monday, 14/10/2019 were read, confirmed and recorded.

AGENDA 2:

As Prof Janvi Bhatia a member of IQAC resigned from the institute, the IQAC coordinator Dr Poonam Kakkad, proposed revised composition of IQAC members. A proposal of Dr Neha Goel or Dr Monica John being a replacement of Prof Janvi Bhatia was given. Members second and support the proposal.

 

AGENDA 3:

Dr Alpa , convener of Research Cell proposed to organize research related one State level workshop in month of February and one National Level Faculty Development Program in the month of April 2020.

AGENDA 4:

Prof Sumathi , the DR of ISO certification proposed to organize one training session for internal auditors of ISO certification. Further dates for certification were brainstormed and finalized. The Principal accepted to take forward the matter in CDC and confirm the dates.

AGENDA 5:

Student representative Mr. Ayush and Alumni representative Mr. Neelkanth discuss on date, budget and theme for organizing the debut fest Nirvaan 2020. The budget for organsisng the festival was informed to the Principal. This would be discussed in CDC mentioned the Principal.

AGENDA 6 :

Based on the academic Calendar for Term II the IQAC coordinator in consultation with Prof Sangeetha placement officer and Prof Vaishali BSc IT coordinator proposed the dates of examination for various value added courses. The Principal Second and accepted the dates for the same.

The Principal also emphasized to the IQAC members to think about orgaising an National / International FDP by the Department of BMM and B.Com ( Accounting and Finance ) and Accountancy. Braining storming session for topic was suggested by the Chairperson. Tentative date suggested was month end of April and May. The chair suggested the coordinators of respective department to draft a budget required in organising two FDP and hand over draft to chair by 18th of December 2020.

The meeting concluded with a Vote of Thanks to the Chair.

October 2019

Minutes of the twenty second meeting of IQAC committee held on Monday, 14th October 2019 at 2.30 am in the IQAC room.

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02

Dr. Jignesh Dalal

03

Ms. Sumathi Rajkumar

04

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

05

Mr. Vikas Agrawal

06

Dr Megha Juvekar

07

Ms. Vaishali Mishra

08

Ms. Swati Desai

09

Ms. Sangeetha Shyam Sundar.

10

Mr. Neelkanth Raval

11

Mr. Aayush

12

Dr Poonam Kakkad

 

The following members were granted leave of absence:

Principal Dr Deepa Sharma, Dr. Denis Desai, Mr. Ishwar Jha

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on Monday, 08/07/2019 were read, confirmed and recorded.

AGENDA 2:

The coordinator Dr Poonam Kakkad, gave a brief about various committee activities which took place in the second half of the academic year. It was observed that there weren’t any activities done at inter collegiate, state or national level. Hence it was proposed that the Library committee in association with ELA should organsie for book review competition at intercollegiate level. As the BMS and B.Com ( A & F) departments initiated calling alumni for guest lectures and training programs, the coordinator proposed that other departments too should take this initiative to call alumni for seminars and guest talks. This will help to build a bond and be in touch with the alumni of the college. Infrastructure development too showed a good progress. Newsroom, Photography Room, and Comfort chairs were revamped as per discussions made in previous meeting.

AGENDA 3:

IQAC coordinator, Dr. Poonam Kakkad placed to the Principal the final draft of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) for its final review. Suggestions , if any were welcomed before uploading the AQAR.

AGENDA 4:

The academic calendar was drafted and proposed to the Principal and other members. Changes were recommended by the members on the examination dates, Cultural Festival dates.

AGENDA 5:

Student representative Mr. Ayush and Alumni representative Mr. Neelkanth proposed to club all department fests and come up with one common fest of the college. Dr Jignesh Vice Principal second the proposal and requested the Principal to take forward the matter at CDC.

 AGENDA 6 :

Coordinator Prof Vaishali , Dr Poonam and students representative Mr. Ayush suggested various locations and dates for long industrial visit. After a good brain storming session selective places like Manali - Kasol, Goa were proposed to the Principal.

 

AGENDA 7 :

Prof. Sangeetha Shyam Sundar , placement officer and Prof Vikas put forth their concern of growing need for skill devolvement courses to generate employable students and rather to come up with some mechanism to generate entrepreneurship attitude amongst students.

AGENDS 8:

Other matters like Dr. Kakkad proposed the Principal to come up the initiative of establishing Incubation Centre with an aim to build entrepreneur attitude among students. All members second the proposal. Principal accepted it and ensured that the matter will be taken up in the CDC. Dr Dalal and Coordinators proposed to have a parent teacher meeting in the month of December 2020. All members second the proposal. Dr Sumathi was announced as the DR of ISO certification process. It was decided that The first training for ISO certification process would take place on 3rd January 2020, followed by internal auditors training program in second week of January. Dr Dalal, Dr. Poonam and Prof Vaishali proposed to have a counseling session for students who could not clear the lower examination semester one or three in the first attempt. It was decided that January 2020 first week special counselling would be given to students department wise. This counseling would be given by the coordinator and the Principal.

 

The meeting concluded with a Vote of Thanks to the Chair.

July 2019

Minutes of the twenty first meeting of IQAC committee held on Monday, 8th July, 2019 at 2.30 pm in the IQAC room.

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02

Mr. Ishwar Jha

03

Dr. Jignesh Dalal

04

Ms. Sumathi Rajkumar

05

Ms. Janvi Bhatia

06

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

07

Mr. Vikas Agrawal

08

Dr Megha Juvekar

09

Ms. Vaishali Mishra

10

Ms. Swati Desai

11

Ms. Sangeetha Shyam Sundar.

12

Dr Poonam Kakkad

 

The following members were granted leave of absence:

Principal Dr Deepa Sharma, Dr. Denis Desai, Mr. Neelkanth Raval and Mr. Aayush

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on Tuesday, 14th May 2019 were read, confirmed and recorded.

AGENDA 2:

The IQAC Coordinator took the pleasure to announce that the renovation of the wellness center, proposed in the previous meeting was approved in the CDC. The renovation was completed by 10th July, 2020. Prof. Vaishali Mishra, convener of Women Development Cell and Coordinator of B.Sc IT proposed to continue of having a counsellor at the college premises, specially required for girl students. Prof Vaishali expressed the benefits of having a counsellor in the campus. Ms. Arti Kedia , a renowned counselor’s name was proposed to be the counsellor of the college. All the members second her suggestion and the Principal accepted to present it in the CDC.

AGENDA 3:

  1. Understanding the growing demand for the BMM program, Dr Poonam Kakkad, IQAC coordinator proposed to renovate the Photography room by making it more equipped for hands on training as per the syllabus of the course Print Production and Photography. The syllabus was presented to the principal to give a better understanding. Dr Kakkad also proposed to have a news room functioning and beneficial for Second and third year students of aiming to purse their career in Journalism. Mr. Abhay Mokashi a senior journalist was proposed to welcome him at college campus for his expert advice in making of the room.
  2. The staff secretory Prof. Sumathi Rajkumar on behalf of the staff members proposed to have more comfort chairs by replacing the plastic chairs. The principal accepted the proposal to be presented in the CDC.

AGENDA 4:

In order to stream line and channelize the working of administrative office, various departments and commit ees Dr. Kakkad in the previous meeting had proposed ISO certification process. It was proposed to start with the ISO process post Diwali vacation.

AGENDA 5:

The submission process of AQAR which has been revised from current academic year was explained to all the members by the coordinator Dr. Kakkad. Plan of action was decided to submit the online AQAR before Diwali break.

AGENDA 6:

Dr. Megha Juvekar proposed for introducing Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLLE) form current academic year. All members second the proposal as it supports the college objective of community support and development.

AGENDA 7:

Prof Sangeetha Shyam Sundar proposed to enter into MoU with SSB academy and introduce coaching for cracking entrance and competency exams for government jobs. MoU with computrain for counselling on study abroad was also proposed by her. Prof Vaishali and Dr Dalal second the proposal.

AGENDA 8:

Dr Kakkad proposed to organize various FDPs for teaching and non teaching programs. FDP on investment knowledge and new budgetary policy was suggested to be organisd before Diwali break and Post Diwali FDP on use of ICT in teaching and learning methods, Know yourself, Learn to understand your students like workshops. The chaiprperson accepted the said proposal.

AGENDA 9:

A visit to various industries and work stations like Navneet publishing house, Bisleri, RBI visit to give practical exposure to students of management studies and Accounting and Finance was proposed by the coordinator. Principal gave a positive nod to the proposal.

Not in the agenda but with the permission of the chair, Coordinator Dr Poonam Kakkad proposed the Principal to send qualified teachers applications for Orientation Program. The short listed teachers were Dr Neha Goel, Dr Alpa Upadhyay, Principal Swiddle D’Cunha .

The meeting concluded with a Vote of Thanks to the Chair.

At the end, vote of thanks was proposed by the coordinator.

May 2019

Minutes of the twentieth meeting of IQAC committee held on Tuesday, 14th May 2019 at 1.30 pm in the IQAC room. 

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01 

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02 

Dr. Denis Desai 

03

Dr  Deepa Sharma

04

Mr. Ishwar Jha

05

Mr. S.B Patil

06

Dr. Jignesh Dalal

07

Ms. Sumathi Rajkumar

08

Ms. Janvi Bhatia 

09

Dr  Alpa Upadhyay

10

Mr. Vikas Agrawal

11

Dr Megha Juvekar

12

Ms. Vaishali Mishra 

13

Ms. Swati Desai 

14

Ms. Sangeetha S.

15

Mr. Neelkanth Raval

16

Mr. Aayush

17

Dr Poonam Kakkad

All the members were present in the meeting. 

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on 18/01/2019 were read, confirmed and recorded. 

AGENDA 2: 

Academic calendar of the second half of the year 2018-19 was discussed and all the activities which were already conducted were reviewed. As discussed in earlier meeting, new IQAC coordinator Dr. Poonam Kakkad prepared the academic calendar for the first half of the academic year 2019-20 as per the academic calendar given by University of Mumbai. Department heads and committee heads also have given their events dates to IQAC coordinator which has helped her in preparing final academic calendar for the first half of the academic year 2019-20.

AGENDA 3: 

Remedial lectures were conducted for the students of F.Y.B.Com and S.Y.B.Com in order to improve upon the results of these programmes. Remedial lectures were conducted in the subjects of Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Commerce, Foundation course, Business Law and Economics for first year and second year B.Com students. Inhouse faculty conducted these lectures after the routine lectures. It was observed that students attended the remedial lectures and many were benefitted through it.

AGENDA 4: 

One Day National Conference was organized on Saturday, 23 March, 2019 at Nirmala Hall. The theme was ‘Multi Disciplinary Approach to Innovation, Transformation and Challenges’. 80 research papers were received, out of which 63 papers got selected to be published and 14 papers were presented in two technical sessions. The USP of the conference was the UGC approved E-Journal ISSN 2394-7780 with an impact factor of 7.36. IQAC members along with Research cell worked wholehearted to make this conference a success. Principal and Management congratulated IQAC members and Research cell members for the grand success of the national conference. It was further discussed that such conferences will be done in future in order to develop research culture in the college.



January, 2019

Minutes of the nineteenth meeting of IQAC committee held on Friday, 18th January, 2019 at 1.00 pm in the IQAC room. 

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01 

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02 

Dr. Denis Desai 

03

Dr  Deepa Sharma

04

Mr. Ishwar Jha

05

Mr. S.B Patil

06

Dr. Jignesh Dalal

07

Ms. Sumathi Rajkumar

08

Ms. Janvi Bhatia 

09

Dr  Alpa Upadhyay

10

Mr. Vikas Agrawal

11

Dr Megha Juvekar

12

Ms. Vaishali Mishra 

13

Ms. Swati Desai 

14

Ms. Sangeetha S.

15

Mr. Neelkanth Raval

16

Mr. Aayush

17

Dr Poonam Kakkad

All the members were present in the meeting. 

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on 15/10/2018 were read, confirmed and recorded. 

AGENDA 2:

The new members of IQAC were introduced to the members. They were brief about the objectives of IQAC, formation and its relevance in the educational institution. Dr. Alpa Upadhyay, IQAC coordinator gave handover to the new IQAC coordinator Dr. Poonam Kakkad. All members were introduced to the external expert Dr. Deepa Sharma, Principal M.D.Shah Mahila College, Malad (West), Mumbai. Madam gave a brief outline of the working of IQAC and importance of teamwork. Mr. Ishwar Jha was appointed as an industry expert and he highlighted the significance of industy academia linkage and what action plan can be prepared through IQAC to bridge the gap between industry and academics.

AGENDA 3: 

Academic calendar of the first half of the year 2018-19 was discussed and all the activities which were already conducted were reviewed. Based on this, the activities of second half of the year 2018-19 were streamlined. The preparation and success of Annual day was appreciated by the Principal and the Management. It was also decided that such events shall be done every year. Further it was discussed that academic calendar for 2019-20 was to be prepared by May 2019, once University of Mumbai releases its academic calendar for 2019-20. Based on the academic calendar prepared by IQAC, department heads will prepare their academic calendar. All committee heads were also to be informed to prepare the list of activities that shall be conducted by them during the year 2019-20 including the inter-collegiate events.

AGENDA 4:

Mr. S.B. Patil, mentor of B.Sc. (IT) and B.Sc. (CS) suggested to organize faculty development programme for staff members to train them to use the E-learning method of teaching instead of chalk and talk method. The need of the hour demanded flipped classroom and thereby the member of IQAC agreed upon the proposal forwarded by Mr. S.B. Patil. Ms. Vaishali Mishra and Mr. Vikas Agrawal from B.Sc. (IT and CS) were requested to take the charge and conduct the programme in the month of March, 2019.

AGENDA 5:

Since the first year and second year B.Com examination is conducted by University of Mumbai, it was suggested by examination committee chairperson, Dr. Jignesh Dalal to conduct remedial classes for these students in order to improve their performance and make them exam ready. The proposal was unanimously accepted by all members of IQAC. Examination committee was hereby to prepare timetable for remedial classes so that the students can avail this benefit of remedial coaching.

AGENDA 6:

Dr. Poonam Kakkad, IQAC coordinator suggested to organize a rural camp for BMM students in order to acquaint them with the lifestyle and occupational details of the rural people. This would also be beneficial for students to prepare report on the same and improve their writing skills. The members and Principal accepted the proposal and it was decided BMM coordinator, Ms. Deevika Shetty would take up the charge for the same. 

AGENDA 7:

Dr. Alpa Upadhyay, Research cell convenor proposed to organize national conference in association with IQAC of the college. The theme of the same would be multidisciplinary in order to cover maximum areas of commerce and science. The sub-themes were discussed at length by all members of IQAC and Dr. Alpa Upadhyay also forwarded the estimated budget of the conference in order to get it approved in IQAC. The members gave their suggestions and finally a budget of rupees one lakh was approved by IQAC. 

AGENDA 8:

The members of the committee suggested to have a wellness center for the students. The Principal second hand the idea and assured to take the matter further to CDC.



October 2018

Minutes of the eighteenth meeting of IQAC committee held on Monday, 15th October 2018 at 11.00 am in the Principal's cabin. 

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01 

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

02 

Dr. Denis Desai 

03

Dr  M.S Kurhade

04

Dr  Faiyaz Gadiwala

05

Mr. S.B Patil

06

Ms. Janvi Bhatia 

07

Dr  Poonam Kakkad

08

Dr Vijaya Jacquiline

09

Dr Megha Juvekar

10

Ms. Vaishali Mishra 

11

Ms. Krinal Desai 

12

Ms. Swati Desai 

13

Mr. Suresh R 

14

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

All the members were present in the meeting. 

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on 11/07/2018 were read, confirmed and recorded. 

AGENDA 2:

Annual day is an event for which students wait. Keeping this in mind, members collectively decided to put forth the proposal of having a grant annual function in the month of December, 2018. Chairperson accepted it and assured that it will be approved in forth coming CDC meeting.

AGENDA 3:

Criterion head submitted their progression files of AQAR. Entire data had been be reviewed by the all the members and discussion on it was done at length. It was decided to put forth the data to managing committee for their review.

AGENDA 4:

Prof. S.B. Patil, mentor of IT and CS suggested that NITA, techno-utsav should be organized like every year with new ideas. After lengthy discussion on it, it was finalized that NITA shall organized in the month of January, 2019 after the completion of Annual day in the month of December, 2018. All the members and Chairperson agreed to it and IT coordinator Ms. Vaishali Mishra was asked to finalize the date after taking department meeting.

 

AGENDA 5:

NAAC had introduced new guidelines for formation of IQAC and it was also recommended by the peer team during NAAC visit to form IQAC as per the new guidelines to be introduced by NAAC. Taking this in to consideration, Principal and management along with IQAC members discussed the new format and it was decided to introduce one teacher representative from placement cell, NSS. Also there was a requirement to have student’s representatives-Alumni student and current batch student. All the aspects of new guidelines are considered and new IQAC members list was prepared.

AGENDA 6:

It was resolved that like every year intercollegiate fest ELAAN of BMS and BAF department will be organized in the month of January 2019. The action plan for the same shall be prepared by Dr. Poonam Kakkad, Coordinator BMS and BAF department. The estimated budget for the same was presented by the coordinator. All members agreed upon it and the work for the same was to be started soon. 

AGENDA 7:

Every year B.Sc. (IT) and B.Sc. (CS) department organize intercollegiate techno utsav NITA in the month of January 2019. It was resolved that the same would be conducted this year in the month of January. The competitions to be conducted in the fest would be more innovative in terms of technology. Member and chairperson agreed the same and Ms. Vaishali Mishra was given the charge to start with the budget and other required details.

July 2018

Minutes of the seventeenth meeting of IQAC committee held on Tuesday, 11th July 2018 at 11.00 am in the Principal's cabin. 

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01 

Dr T.P. Madhu Nair

02 

Dr. Denis Desai 

03

Dr  M.S Kurhade

04

Dr  Faiyaz Gadiwala

05

Mr. S.B Patil

06

Ms. Janvi Bhatia 

07

Dr  Poonam Kakkad

08

Dr Vijaya Jacquiline

09

Dr Megha Juvekar

10

Ms. Vaishali Mishra 

11

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

12

Ms. Krinal Desai 

13

Ms. Swati Desai 

14

Mr. Suresh R 

15

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

All the members were present in the meeting. 

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on 03/05/2018 were read, confirmed and recorded. 

AGENDA 2:

Library is the soul of the institution and keep this in mind the members had forwarded a proposal to have a bigger library in the college. NAAC report suggested to increase the seating capacity of the library so that more no. of students are benefitted with the same. Keeping this mind, Chairperson accepted the proposal and assured that it will be approved in College Development Committee (CDC). Along with this it was also suggested that teaching staff should be oriented on use of INFLIBNET through a FDP which can be organized in the month of August 2018. Principal and management accepted this proposal and asked to go ahead with its programme schedule and date fixation.

AGENDA 3:

Members were asked to talk about the progress of data collection for filing AQAR. Each criterion head were asked to put forth their files and compiled data. The data which was not collected or there was a hitch in collecting it was discussed at length and alternatives were suggested. Members were given timeline to compile the data for filing AQAR with NAAC.



May 2018

Minutes of the fifteenth meeting of IQAC committee held on Thursday 3rd May 2018 at 11.30 am in the Principal's cabin. 

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01 

Dr T.P. Madhu Nair

02 

Dr. Denis Desai 

03

Dr  M.S Kurhade

04

Dr  Faiyaz Gadiwala

05

Mr. S.B Patil

06

Ms. Janvi Bhatia 

07

Dr  Poonam Kakkad

08

Dr Vijaya Jacquiline

09

Dr Megha Juvekar

10

Ms. Vaishali Mishra 

11

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

12

Ms. Krinal Desai 

13

Ms. Swati Desai 

14

Mr. Suresh R 

15

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

All the members were present in the meeting. 

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on 05/10/2017 were read, confirmed and recorded. 

AGENDA 2:

Chairperson informed that members that proposal put forth for canteen renovation is been accepted by the College Development Committee (CDC) and the renovation work will start after the discussion with the management and the contractor to whom work is to be allotted.

AGENDA 3: Students are the beneficiaries of the college, in order to make communication smoother between students and institution; there was a need to form a formal committee of students so that they can directly be involved in all the activities of the college and this would in turn improve their communication skills, personality and leadership qualities. Keeping this in mind the proposal to form Student Representative Committee (SRC) was forwarded by the members collectively.

AGENDA 4:

It was proposed that the NAAC has given new guidelines for accreditation process, keeping this in mind members discussed about the training required to meet the changing needs of NAAC. Collectively it was decided (with the permission of Chair ) that current IQAC coordinator Dr. Alpa Upadhyay should be send for the NAAC training to be organized by University of Mumbai in association with DTSS college at Kalina Campus, Santacruz, Mumbai in the month of July, 2018.

 

October 2017

Minutes of the fifteenth meeting of IQAC committee held on Thursday, 5th October 2017 at 11.30 am in the Principal's cabin. 

The meeting was attended by the following members:

Sr No

Name

01 

Dr T.P. Madhu Nair

02 

Dr. Denis Desai 

03

Dr  M.S Kurhade

04

Dr  Faiyaz Gadiwala

05

Mr. S.B Patil

06

Ms. Janvi Bhatia 

07

Dr  Poonam Kakkad

08

Dr Vijaya Jacquiline

09

Dr Megha Juvekar

10

Ms. Vaishali Mishra 

11

Ms. Swiddle D'Cunha

12

Ms. Krinal Desai 

13

Ms. Swati Desai 

14

Mr. Suresh R 

15

Dr Alpa Upadhyay

All the members were present in the meeting. 

AGENDA 1:

The Minutes of previous meeting held on 27/06/2017 were read, confirmed and recorded. 

AGENDA 2:

IQAC members were informed about the NAAC accreditation grade and Principal sir congratulated the members for their efforts towards the preparation and execution of NAAC process. Chairperson also put forth that the actual work begins post NAAC accreditation. The report given by NAAC for improvements needed is to be implemented now in a formal manner.

AGENDA 3:

IQAC coordinator, Dr. Alpa Upadhyay discussed about the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR). The format was shown and criterion heads were hereby informed to make the data ready for preparing AQAR as it was to be submitted before December 2018.

AGENDA 4:

Canteen is the place where students love to eat and spend time. Keeping this mind, it was suggested by Dr. Poonam Kakkad to renovate the canteen in order to increase the seating capacity. Chairperson suggested that to accept the proposal it should be put forth in College Development Committee (CDC). Once it is approved in CDC it can be accepted and work can be started for the same.

 

The meeting concluded with a Vote of Thanks to the Chair.